The relevant Act is the Privacy Act 2000 to which we adhere. The act allows for this practice to obtain and hold such information as follows. This is in the interest of providing you safe treatment.
- Telephone number(s)
- Date of birth
- Prior medical history or allergic reactions
- Details of your Specialists, General Practitioner and Dentist
- Referring Doctor
- Insurance Provider or Medicare details
The information is not shared with anyone other than other health care providers involved or likely to become engaged in your medical care. You can specifically ask us to not disclose all or part of these privileged information to any of these entities. We will always comply.
We use personal information about you:
- to provide safe medical treatment to you
- to assist your treating doctors, and other health professionals in providing medical care to you
- to be able to identify you
- to comply with legislative requirements of State or Federal Government(Where possible this is with your prior consent)
- We will NEVER advertise to you nor share your information with marketing organisations.
- When your information is needed for medical research you will be de-identified or your privacy will be otherwise secured.
- We have taken pains to insure both hard copies and electronic versions of your records are kept secure and access to these are limited to the relevant staff.
- Dated records are destroyed in full compliance with the relevant legislations.
You may request access to personal information we hold on you by completing a request form. You do not have to provide a reason for requesting such access outside what is considered common courtesies.
If we hold information that you are lawfully entitled to access, we will endeavour to provide these in an expedited manner of your choosing. We ask that you keep in mind factors outside our control such as postal delays.